There’s an abundance of SEO tools and platforms to choose from. While a select few stand out from the crowd as clearly the cream of the crop, almost all of them provide the basic tools any bsuiness, agency or individual needs.
Which platform you decide to go with will ultimately depend on your price point, desired features and personal preference when it comes to the layouts and interfaces.
The list you’re about to see will cover all of the best SEO tools on the market, along with their pros, cons and pricing.
- Pro Plan – $99.95/monthly or $119.95/month paid annually
- Guru Plan – $229.95/monthly or $191.62/month paid annually
- Business Plan – $449.95/monthly or $374.95/month paid annually
Who is SEMrush best for?
Because of the higher price tag and advanced features, SEMrush is best for large businesses and full fledged SEO agencies. If you’re a small business with flexible capital and have a huge need for DIY SEO help, you also can’t go wrong with SEMRush!
Based on 1,652 Reviews
Ahrefs is without a doubt one of the top SEO platforms and with that comes a higher rate, similarly to SEMRush. The one downfall though is that Ahrefs does not provide a free trial, something many love to utilize before actually investing their money in a SEO platform. With that being said, here are the pricing plans for Ahrefs.
- Lite Plan – $99/month or $83/month billed annually
- Standard Plan – $199/month or $166/month billed annually
- Advanced Plan – $399/month or $333/month billed annually
- Enterprise Plan – $999/month or $833/month billed annually
Who is Ahrefs Best For?
Ahrefs is perfect for small businesses looking to grow their own SEO rank in-house due to its top of the line keyword, backlink and competitor analysis tools. It is perfect for establised SEO agencies as well, but only if you’re going to use their highest plan available. This is due to the more advanced reporting you get, along with their API key integration.
Web CEO Pricing
Web CEO comes in at over half of the price of SEMrush. Starting at $37/month or $33/month if you pay anually. They have a great array of pricing for solo beginners as well as for small businesses. All plans and prices listed below.
- Solo Plan – $37/month or $33/month billed annually
- Startup Plan – $99/month or $83/month billed annually
- Agency Unlimited Plan – $99/month or $83/month billed annually
- Corporate Plan – $299/month or $251/month billed annually
Who is Web CEO best for?
Like SEMrush, Web CEO is perfect for both agencies and smaller companies. They better suit smaller businesses that are looking to preserve capital while getting the most bang for your buck.
On top of this, they had one of the better ranked interfaces by everyone on our team that was able to test their platform. Because of the easue-of-use, we believe Web CEO is one of the more underrated platforms on the list.
SE Ranking Pricing
- Essential Plan – $49/month or $39.20/month billed annually
- Pro plan – $109/month or $87.20/month billed annually
- Business Plan – $239/month or $191.20/month billed annually
Who is SE Ranking Best For?
Longtail Pro Pricing
- Starter Plan – $37/month or $24.75/month paid annually
- Pro Plan – $67/month or $44.75/month billed annually
- Agency Plan – $147/month or $99/month billed annually
Who is Longtail Pro Best For?
Netpeak Spider Pricing
While it’s definitely not different, many like the way they structure it. On top of this, they have very generous pricing option. Here are the plans.
- Lite Plan – $26/month billed every three months or $20.80/month billed annually
- Pro Plan – $39/month billed every three months or $31.20/month billed annually
- Business Plan – $55.20/month billed annually (this plan does not have a three month option), or $48.30 billed every three years
Who is Netpeak Spider Best For?
- Basic Plan – $49/month or $29.90/month when paid annually
- Premium Plan – $69/month or $39.90/month when paid annually
- Agency Plan – $129/month or $79.90/when paid annually
Enjoy approximately 40% in savings when paying annually rather than monthly.
Who is Mangools Best For?
Best SEO Tools for Marketing Agencies
When picking a tool that’s going to work best for agencies, we want to look at which one covers all the common features and the one that gives you the most bang for your buck. With that being said, our top pick goes to SEMRush.
There’s not a better tool for agencies to use due to their 20-in-1 SEO platform that integrates more features than you could ever ask for.
It goes above and beyond when it comes to every feature they offer. They’re the top of line in competitor ranking/tracking as well as their site auditing.
Those aren’t the only two features that can’t be beat. SEMRush takes the cake when it comes to keyword tools as well. Accuracy, estimated traffic, average ranking position, you name it. Not many platforms can match SEMRush’s ability.
As the cherry on top, they offer social media tracking as well. If you run an SEO agency, there’s no other platform you should be using. SEMRush is the one.
Best SEO Tools for Small Businesses
As a small business you’re looking for something easy to use, cost effective, and a tool that gives you all the necessary features to see the results you want.
For small businesses, our best SEO tool goes to SE Ranking.
It has everything you need, and more, to be successful. All while being one of the easiest platforms to use, understand and navigate through.
Best Tool for Keyword Research
Obviously all of the tools listed come with advanced keyword research. With that being said, there’s really only one that gives great results while being extremely easy to use and implement in your keyword research.
That would be Mangools.
Where it lacks in SEO features, it makes up for with in-depth keyword data. It is THE keyword tool made for any content marketer, blogger or keyword snob.
In the picture above you can see a glimpse of what their sought after keyword finder has to offer.
The KWFinder allows you to search by keyword or by domain. From there it gives you statistics on search volume, the keyword difficulty, and a list of keywords, as well as a SERP overview.
Their layout makes it very easy to analyze and understand what you’re looking at. Their color coding helps a ton as well. With difficult keywords being dark red, moderate keywords yellow and less difficult keywords being green.
The screenshot pictured above doesn’t show it since that keyword data is from a domain search. But when searching by keyword they give another section next to the “Organic Keywords” section that gives you keyword suggestions with search volues, keyword difficulty and all the must-have keyword data.
Mangools is versatile, yet simple and straightforward with their keyword approach, making it easy for individuals at all levels to use and succeed with it.
More Comparisons and Tool Guides
If you found value and enjoyed our best SEO tools guide, we have similar guides for social media marketing tools and email marketing tools that you can find below!